Your source for the latest research news

Tuesday, 12 November 2019

Two daily cleaning products have generated toxic fumes in a restaurant, killing an employee


The manager of a Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant died after being exposed to toxic fumes generated by blending two common cleaning products. Other employees (more than a dozen) were also affected by the toxic releases.

Please support by visiting the ads in the post your little click can help us to keep posting stuff beneficial for general knowlege, please leave a comment if you have any suggestions:
And Please follow us on Twitter 
Thank you 😊

On Thursday, November 7th, an employee of a Buffalo Wild Wings in Burlington, Mass., Began cleaning the back of the restaurant with a common cleaner called "Super 8". The incident occurred shortly thereafter.

The solution of Super 8 is based on sodium hypochlorite, a disinfectant and bleaching agent (used especially in the form of bleach). Its unique use does not represent a danger. However, unbeknownst to the employee, another acid-based cleaner, the Scale Kleen, had been spilled on the floor shortly before, according to NBC News .

A deadly mixture

Blending the two chemicals produced a substance that "turned green and started to bubble," said Michael Patterson, Burlington Fire Chief.

The first exposed employee quickly developed eye burns and began to experience breathing difficulties. He then left the premises. The restaurant manager then took over, trying to scrape the mixture, but he too developed severe symptoms, making him unable to continue.

The manager, Ryan Baldera, 32, died shortly after at the hospital, according to the local newspaper NBC Boston . Thirteen other people, also exposed to toxic fumes, were taken care of.

The chemical accident occurred at a Buffalo Wild Wings in Burlington, Massachusetts (United States). Credits: Google Street View

Common cleaning products can be dangerous or even deadly when mixed incorrectly. For example, bleach can react with ammonia, acids and other cleaners. The resulting reactions can give rise to potentially life-threatening toxic fumes.

Responsible potential: chlorine gas


When bleach is mixed with acid (such as vinegar or chemicals found in some window cleaners, drains and toilet bowls), chlorine gas is produced. Exposure to chlorine usually causes irritation of the eyes, throat and nose, causing coughing and breathing problems. Moreover, it should be known that due to its toxicity, the dichlore was one of the first combat gases used during the First World War.

At high concentrations, chlorine gas can cause severe breathing difficulties and fluid production in the lungs. At very high concentrations, a deep emanation can cause death.

A team specialized in dangerous substances was convened to treat the premises of the restaurant, which was temporarily closed by the city. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is also investigating the accident.

Source1 Source 2

5 comments:

  1. Hello everyone , good day , i just want to share a review on what happened to me and my uncle last month . when i thought i have seen it all but Dr Sambo let me know that there is more to life . i had Herpes Simplest Virus HSV2 and my uncle was tested HIV positive . we spent a lot trying to get cured ,until i contacted Dr Sambo for a help . just within 21 days his herbal medicine cured me and my uncle , its still unbelievable to me and other member of my family .but I'm cured and my uncle is now tested HIV negative just after 21day . this is a miracle. i do not know how else i can appreciate Dr Sambo for his works , other than to share my review for others to see Email: (divinespellhome@gmail.com) Dr. Sambo WhatsApp  him now +2348145810121  you can also visit his  website http://DrSambo443.website2.me God bless Dr. Sambo for his good work...    

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone , good day , i just want to share a review on what happened to me and my uncle last month . when i thought i have seen it all but Dr Sambo let me know that there is more to life . i had Herpes Simplest Virus HSV2 and my uncle was tested HIV positive . we spent a lot trying to get cured ,until i contacted Dr Sambo for a help . just within 21 days his herbal medicine cured me and my uncle , its still unbelievable to me and other member of my family .but I'm cured and my uncle is now tested HIV negative just after 21day . this is a miracle. i do not know how else i can appreciate Dr Sambo for his works , other than to share my review for others to see Email: (divinespellhome@gmail.com) Dr. Sambo WhatsApp  him now +2348145810121  you can also visit his  website http://DrSambo443.website2.me God bless Dr. Sambo for his good work...    

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello everyone , good day , i just want to share a review on what happened to me and my uncle last month . when i thought i have seen it all but Dr Sambo let me know that there is more to life . i had Herpes Simplest Virus HSV2 and my uncle was tested HIV positive . we spent a lot trying to get cured ,until i contacted Dr Sambo for a help . just within 21 days his herbal medicine cured me and my uncle , its still unbelievable to me and other member of my family .but I'm cured and my uncle is now tested HIV negative just after 21day . this is a miracle. i do not know how else i can appreciate Dr Sambo for his works , other than to share my review for others to see Email: (divinespellhome@gmail.com) Dr. Sambo WhatsApp  him now +2348145810121  you can also visit his  website http://DrSambo443.website2.me God bless Dr. Sambo for his good work...    

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been suffering from (HERPES) disease for the last four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday.This disease started to circulate all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor, a few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr. Silver and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Silver telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it,, well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have cured, after some time i went to my doctor to confirmed if I have been finally healed behold it was TRUE, So friends my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr. Silver (drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com) sir I am indeed grateful for the help I will forever recommend you to my friends!!! with your lovely Email Address ( drsilverhealingtemple@gmail.com or whatsapp him on +2348123877102

    ReplyDelete

About us

we are bunch of Guys who Love Science and Technology, we are aware that our site looks junk but we don't have enough money to make our website much better,Your support will keep us growing, Please keep Sharing and join us on facebook and twitter. Thank you for reading our articles, Please leave comments if you feel anything, Have a Nice Life